Times are changing now and so are we. With the entrance in the computer age, different cultures and civilizations are coming together to give a new shape to education everyday. Various reforms in the society have demanded a concrete form of education. Seeing to the needs of the time, the government has also advocated privatization of education. To cater the educational needs of the people, one such dynamic educational society which has come forward in Rajasthan is ‘Pacific Academy of Higher Education and Research University.’
Pacific Academy of Higher Education and Research, a beautiful brainchild of Mr. B.R. Agrawal, has given a number of quality institutes to Udaipur. The society was set up in 1997 with the mission of creating outstanding scholars in the field of medicine, management, computers and education, who can adapt the past, master the present and prepare for the future. The society aims at forming a University so as to cater the needs of the students more efficiently.
Pacific College of Teachers’ Education in the new arrival of this prestigious society. It is approved by NCTE, Jaipur and affiliated to Pacific Academy of higher Education research (PAHER) , Udaipur. PCTE offers one year B. Ed programme in Teachers’ Education. The annual intake is 100 (One hundred only) and the seats are filled through Pacific University ‘Pre Teacher’s Entrance Test’ Pacific University (PTET). The desirous students go through counseling before taking admission in the B. Ed programme. The Fee schedule is decided by the government of Rajasthan.
Surrounded by mesmerizing scenic beauty, Pacific College of Teachers’ Education is situated on the Airport Road, 12 kms from Udaipur. The college glows bright with various facilities, e.g., Language Lab, Psychological Lab, Computer Lab, Audio-Visual Department, Administrative Office, Seminar Hall, Library and a handsome strength of teaching faculty under the dynamic supervision of a well experienced and learned principal, Dr. N.N.G. Mathur.
The objective of the college is to create a cadre of professional who can learn to consider problems from a broad educational and teaching perspective after being imparted the virtues of knowledge, skills and application. The intellectually enriched faculty and advisory council of eminent academicians provide the visionary inputs and support to the college. The college also strives to inculcate a heightened sense of moral and social responsibility that the students future position demand of them. To achieve these ambitious goals, PCTE seeks to develop and instill in its pupils some key characteristics:-
- The Overall Perspective:- Which helps the pupils to view an organization in its entirety and understand its position in the environment in which it operates.
- Analytical and Integrative Skills:- The pupils organize unstructured and vague information into accurate definition of problems. Then in turn generate creative options and ensure effective implementation.
- Technical and Functional Skills:- Which collectively comprise of professional literacy in the tools and techniques of education/teaching.
- Integrity:-The personal ethics that makes a conscious and competent teacher a true professional.
- Professional Maturity:- To enable our graduates to interact successfully with a diverse range of subordinates, peers, superiors and competitors and perform in a dynamic contest with distinctions.
The College has an intake of 100 Students. The condidates are selceted through Pacific University PTET competitive examination. The Pacific University PTET office allots the candidated to the college. College fees has been approved by Govt. Of Rajasthan. The College is affiliated to PAHER , Udaipur and is approved by NCTE, Jaipur.